Announcements

palm_beach_story_md9peu.jpg

Introducing the Wedding Bells Blogathon!

It is “June in January” and Hometowns to Hollywood is excited to present its fourth official blogathon, entitled “The Wedding Bells Blogathon.” This blogathon will focus upon weddings taking place during the Golden Age of Hollywood–both on and off the screen.

The Wedding Bells Blogathon will run from January 22nd through January 24th in 2020.

Rules and Information:

• Bloggers are encouraged to write about any topic related to weddings and marriages, on film and off, during the Golden Age of Hollywood.
  • Bloggers can feel free to write about a favorite wedding scene or marriage depicted in a film–for better or worse! Bloggers can also explore “real life” marriages between notable individuals working in the entertainment industry during Hollywood’s Golden Age.
  • If we do get an ample amount of participants, I’ll be reconnecting with participants to see if there is interest in contributing to an ebook that will document this blogathon.
  • There are many aspects of Hollywood weddings and marriages that are worth discussing. Where possible, try to avoid duplicate topics.
  • Bloggers will post their articles anytime between January 22nd-24th and will alert me of the post either as a comment or through email.

tumblr_mgxl4rEe3R1rpx5jto1_500.gif

Participation:

• If you would like to participate in the Wedding Bells Blogathon, please comment below or email me and let me know your name, topic choice, and the link to your blog.
  • Please take one of the Wedding Bells Blogathon banners and include it in your post. You can feel free to link the image back to this page.

List of Participants and Topics:

I look forward to a fabulous Wedding Bells Blogathon in January!

Banners:

Banner 1Banner 2Banner 3banner 4

68 Responses to Announcements

1. I would like to write about “Meet Me in St. Louis.”

-Kayla (Whimsically Classic)

2. Quiggy says:

Never been big on musicals but I notice one of my few favorites is an MGM musical. Victor/Victoria.

3. Hi Annette. I would love to write about “The Wizard Of Oz” ( 1939 ). Thanks.

4. mak1005 says:

I’d like to write about Three Little Words (1950) for LA Explorer (http://la-explorer.com/). Thanks!

5. mercurie80 says:

Hi, Annette! Could you put me down for The Band Wagon? The blog is A Shroud of Thoughts at http://mercurie.blogspot.com

6. Kristen W. says:

High Society please!

7. Michaela says:

It’s taken me DAYS to make a decision, but I’ve finally settled on Hit the Deck (1955). Should be lots of fun!

LoveLettersToOldHollywood.blogspot.com

8. Samantha Ellis says:

Hi! I think this was the hardest time I’ve ever had of choosing a topic for a blogathon because so many of my favorite musicals are taken and because I’ve already written about a lot of other musicals and musical stars, so I think I’m going to go with an Esther Williams movie that I haven’t seen and write about Duchess of Idaho (1950) for Musings of a Classic Film Addict. Thank you!

9. I’ll do HALLELUJAH! (1929)

10. It was tough to settle, but I would like to write about Sweethearts for your blogathon.

11. Hey, Annette! Can I do Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?

I’ll post it at vitaphonedreamer.wordpress.com 🙂

12. Le Magalhaes says:

This is the perfect opportunity for me to watch The Hollywood Revuew of 1929.
    I’m Le from the blog Critica Retro.
    Cheers!

13. Hi Annette! May I claim SILK STOCKINGS (1957)? I’m Emily from TheVintageCameo.com . Thank you! 🙂

14. I’d like to write about My Fair Lady for Old Hollywood Films. Thanks!

15. Alex Windley says:

Hello! Would it be okay if I could write a piece on On an Island With You?

Thanks again!

16. mercurie80 says:

My blog post on The Band Wagon is up at http://mercurie.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-band-wagon-1953.html !

17. Mine will be going up on Sunday (I’ll provide a link then) but I’m also going to be discussing CABIN IN THE SKY, so an MGM two-fer.

18. Pingback: The MGM Musical Magic Blogathon… | Anybody Got A Match?

19. Pingback: The MGM Musical Magic Blogathon — Duchess of Idaho (1950) – Musings of a Classic Film Addict

20. Pingback: Singin’ in the Rain (1952) | Hometowns to Hollywood

21. Aurora says:

Hi!

I’ve been wanting to dedicate something to FATHER OF THE BRIDE (1950) and this seems the perfect opportunity. If that works count me in.

Aurora
    Once Upon a Screen
    @CitizenScreen

22. Patricia says:

I’d like to participate- the film will be “Meet the Stewarts” (1942).

23. hwest112 says:

I’d like to do “Meet the Stewarts” (1942)

24. Hi, Annette! I’d like to write about the Big Fat Greek Wedding movies, but if those are too new, I was thinking of “The Canadian,” if that’s OK.

25. 18cinemalane says:

Hi Annette! This is a great idea for a blogathon! Would ‘High Society’ fit the requirements? If so, then I’ll review that film.

26. Hi there! I’d love to do Royal Wedding (1951) if it’s not already taken…?

27. This not a film you think of when you think weddings, but there is a wedding. And has my my favorite quote about weddings. Anyway, my choice would be The African Queen.