Announcements

scarface1932.89192_052920140344.jpg

Introducing the Hollywood Gangsters Blogathon!

Hometowns to Hollywood is excited to present its third official blogathon, entitled “The Hollywood Gangsters Blogathon.” This blogathon will explore the darker side of Hollywood plot lines, focusing on classic gangster films. This group of films offers many iconic characters, memorable stories, and dramatic scenes that are grounded in a harsh reality.

The Hollywood Gangsters Blogathon will run from May 6th through May 8th in 2019.

Rules and Information:

• Bloggers are encouraged to write about any topic related to classic Hollywood gangster films.
  • Bloggers can feel free to write about a favorite character from a gangster film, as favorite star who appeared in gangster films, an overview of a full gangster film,  or any topic of interest that relates to classic gangster films.
  • There are many aspects of classic gangster films that are worth discussing. Where possible, try to avoid duplicate topics.
  • Bloggers will post their articles anytime between May 6th-8th and will alert me of the post either as a comment or through email.

Participation:

• If you would like to participate in the Hollywood Gangsters Blogathon, please comment below or email me and let me know your name, topic choice, and the link to your blog.
  • Please take one of the Hollywood Gangsters Blogathon banners and include it in your post. You can feel free to link the image back to this page.

List of Participants and Topics:

I look forward to a fabulous Hollywood Gangsters Blogathon in May!

Banners:

b1b2b3b4

51 Responses to Announcements

1. I would like to write about “Meet Me in St. Louis.”

-Kayla (Whimsically Classic)

2. Quiggy says:

Never been big on musicals but I notice one of my few favorites is an MGM musical. Victor/Victoria.

3. Hi Annette. I would love to write about “The Wizard Of Oz” ( 1939 ). Thanks.

4. mak1005 says:

I’d like to write about Three Little Words (1950) for LA Explorer (http://la-explorer.com/). Thanks!

5. mercurie80 says:

Hi, Annette! Could you put me down for The Band Wagon? The blog is A Shroud of Thoughts at http://mercurie.blogspot.com

6. Kristen W. says:

High Society please!

7. Michaela says:

It’s taken me DAYS to make a decision, but I’ve finally settled on Hit the Deck (1955). Should be lots of fun!

LoveLettersToOldHollywood.blogspot.com

8. Samantha Ellis says:

Hi! I think this was the hardest time I’ve ever had of choosing a topic for a blogathon because so many of my favorite musicals are taken and because I’ve already written about a lot of other musicals and musical stars, so I think I’m going to go with an Esther Williams movie that I haven’t seen and write about Duchess of Idaho (1950) for Musings of a Classic Film Addict. Thank you!

9. I’ll do HALLELUJAH! (1929)

10. It was tough to settle, but I would like to write about Sweethearts for your blogathon.

11. Hey, Annette! Can I do Seven Brides for Seven Brothers?

I’ll post it at vitaphonedreamer.wordpress.com 🙂

12. Le Magalhaes says:

This is the perfect opportunity for me to watch The Hollywood Revuew of 1929.
    I’m Le from the blog Critica Retro.
    Cheers!

13. Hi Annette! May I claim SILK STOCKINGS (1957)? I’m Emily from TheVintageCameo.com . Thank you! 🙂

14. I’d like to write about My Fair Lady for Old Hollywood Films. Thanks!

15. Alex Windley says:

Hello! Would it be okay if I could write a piece on On an Island With You?

Thanks again!

16. mercurie80 says:

My blog post on The Band Wagon is up at http://mercurie.blogspot.com/2018/05/the-band-wagon-1953.html !

17. Mine will be going up on Sunday (I’ll provide a link then) but I’m also going to be discussing CABIN IN THE SKY, so an MGM two-fer.

18. Pingback: The MGM Musical Magic Blogathon… | Anybody Got A Match?

19. Pingback: The MGM Musical Magic Blogathon — Duchess of Idaho (1950) – Musings of a Classic Film Addict

20. Pingback: Singin’ in the Rain (1952) | Hometowns to Hollywood