Introducing the MGM Musical Magic Blogathon!
Hometowns to Hollywood is excited to present its second official blogathon, entitled “The MGM Musical Magic Blogathon.” Musicals featured gorgeous songs, meticulously choreographed dance numbers, and some terrific plots. The musical itself evolved from featuring song and dance numbers that had no bearing on the plot, to transforming songs as a means of furthering the story along. While some actors seemed born for the musical genre’s call for top-notch singing, dancing, and acting abilities, others excelled in maybe just a few of these areas but still managed to pull off a musical performance. Moreover, nobody could crank out musicals like MGM did, so let’s have fun exploring the magic of the MGM musical.
The MGM Musical Magic Blogathon will run from May 18th through May 20th in 2018.
Rules and Information:
- Bloggers are encouraged to write about any topic related to the MGM musical film.
- Bloggers can feel free to write about a favorite MGM musical number, favorite MGM stars who appear in MGM musicals, composers who wrote music and lyrics for an MGM film, or any topic of interest that relates to the MGM musical.
- MGM had a huge impact on the movie musical and there are many aspects of the MGM musical that are worth discussing. Where possible, try to avoid duplicate topics.
- Bloggers will post their articles anytime between May 18th-20th and will alert me of the post either as a comment or through email.
- If you would like to participate in the MGM Musical Magic Blogathon, please comment below or email me and let me know your name, topic choice, and the link to your blog.
- Please take one of the MGM Musical Magic Blogathon banners and include it in your post. You can feel free to link the image back to this page.
List of Participants and Topics:
- 5 Favorite MGM Musical Moments | Reel Weegie Midget Reviews
- The Band Wagon (1953) | A Shroud of Thoughts
- Bells Are Ringing (1960) | Kids On Classics
- Duchess of Idaho (1950) | Musings of a Classic Film Addict
- Hallelujah! (1929) & Cabin in the Sky (1943) | The Filmatelist
- High Society (1956) | PCOS Writer Mama Warrior
- Hit the Deck (1955) | Love Letters to Old Hollywood
- The Hollywood Revue of 1929 (1929) | Critica Retro
- It’s Always Fair Weather (1955) | Chuck Pickerill
- Meet Me in St. Louis (1944) | Whimsically Classic
- On an Island with You (1948) | Anybody Got A Match?
- Royal Wedding (1951) | Old Hollywood Films
- Seven Brides for Seven Brothers (1954) | Vitaphone Dreamer
- Silk Stockings (1957) | The Vintage Cameo
- Singin’ in the Rain (1952) | Hometowns to Hollywood
- Sweethearts (1938) | Caftan Woman
- Victor/Victoria (1982) | The Midnite Drive-In
- The Wizard of Oz (1939) | In The Good Old Days of Classic Hollywood
I look forward to a fabulous MGM Musical Blogathon in May!