Introducing The “Take Two” Blogathon!
While Classic Hollywood explored numerous original storylines, remakes were also a common occurrence. Studios would revisit their previous films with more current contract players or even reimagine non-musical films as musical remakes. In other cases, stories would even be altered or expanded to accommodate additional scenes and characters.
Hometowns to Hollywood is excited to present its seventh official blogathon, entitled “The ‘Take Two!’ Blogathon.” This blogathon will focus on remakes of all kinds occurring during Hollywood’s Golden Age or more contemporary remakes of Hollywood classics.
Join Hometowns to Hollywood for this examination of various remakes by sharing your articles about a biopic of choice. In the end, when all articles are compiled, we’ll have a lovely list of remakes to pursue.
The “Take Two!” Blogathon will run from October 20th through October 22nd in 2022.
Rules and Information:
- Bloggers are encouraged to write about any remake of choice.
- If we do get an ample amount of participants, I’ll be reconnecting with participants to see if there is interest in contributing to an ebook that will document this blogathon.
- There are many remakes to enjoy (or not enjoy!). Please avoid repeat submissions for a particular remake.
- Please let me know your remake of choice.
- Bloggers will post their articles anytime between October 20th-October 22nd and will alert me of the post either as a comment or through email.
- If you would like to participate in The “Take Two!” Blogathon, please comment below or email me and let me know your name, topic choice, and the link to your blog.
- Please take one of The “Take Two!” Blogathon banners and include it in your post. You can feel free to link the image back to this page.
List of Participants and Topics:
- The 13th Letter (1951) | Poppity Talks Classic Film
- Casino Royale (1967) | Crítica Retrô
- The Farmer’s Daughter (1947) | The Life and Career of Inger Stevens
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964) | The Stop Button
- A Game of Death (1945) | Joe Jordan, Jr.
- The Great Gatsby (1974) | RealWeegieMidget Reviews
- Harvey (1972) | 18 Cinema Lane
- High Society (1956) | Whimsically Classic
- La Cage Aux Folles (1978) and The Birdcage (1996) | Tim Neath–Visual Artist
- Lovely to Look At (1952) | Hometowns to Hollywood
- The Miracle Man (1932) | The Everyday Cinephile
- Move Over, Darling (1963) | Box Office Poisons
- The Old Dark House (1963) | Dan Tilsley
- The Parent Trap Movies | Taking Up Room
- The Strawberry Blonde (1941) | A Person in the Dark
- Waterloo Bridge (1940) | Shaping the Facts: Margaret’s Blog
I look forward to a fabulous “Take Two!” Blogathon this Fall!
Can I write about Gentleman Jim?
Hi, Annette! It’s a little bit unusual, but I’d like to review “Joni” if that’s OK.
You’ve got it! Thanks!
Marvelous idea. As I have been on a Red Nichols kick lately, I would like to contribute something on The Five Pennies from 1959.
Hi! I’d like to do The Fabulous Dorseys (1947) for Fandor/Keyframe. I’ll be blogging for them when they relaunch/go live again in a few weeks: https://keyframe.fandor.com/#
I would love to write about Bonnie & Clyde. Top10FilmLists.com
All yours! Thanks!
What fun! I’d like to write about Greer Garson portraying Edna Gladney in Blossoms in the Dust!
If I may, I’d like to write about The United States vs. Billie Holiday
All yours! Thanks!
Hi Annette. If okay, I’d like to write abut “Love Me tor Leave Me” with Doris Day & James Cagney (life of Ruth Etting). Thank you!
All yours! Thank you!
Hi Annette, may I write about Prince of Players (1955)?
I would be delighted to post an article that I’m working on about Josephine Baker. The idea originated as a “gift” for a mutual friend and due to my busy schedule, I’ve yet to complete it. Could it be suitable for your blogathon? (I visited her château and have many pictures to go along with it.) Just let me know if this sounds ok to you!
Take care! 😀
That sounds good! Is there a Josephine Baker biopic you’ll discuss in the article?
Indeed! I can talk about “The Josephine Baker Story”, an HBO film made in 1991. It will be nice to revisit it. 😊
All yours!! Thank you!
Hi Annette. My post is up.
Annette – My mistake on my blog for the Biopic Blogathon; we’ve decided to post my Fabulous Dorseys blog to The Film Detective (they’re all part of the same ‘family’). It’ll be posted in the morning and I’ll send you the link. Thanks! – Jennifer
The Five Pennies have arrived, and they have brought their instruments: https://www.caftanwoman.com/2021/09/the-biopic-blogathon-five-pennies-1959.html
I’d like to write about Casino Royale (1967) and compare it to th 2006 Bond movie.
Le from Crítica Retrô (www.criticaretro.blogspot.com)
Hi! Can I do “A Fistful of Dollars” for The Stop Button?
Post is up!