Introducing The “Take Two” Blogathon!
While Classic Hollywood explored numerous original storylines, remakes were also a common occurrence. Studios would revisit their previous films with more current contract players or even reimagine non-musical films as musical remakes. In other cases, stories would even be altered or expanded to accommodate additional scenes and characters.
Hometowns to Hollywood is excited to present its seventh official blogathon, entitled “The ‘Take Two!’ Blogathon.” This blogathon will focus on remakes of all kinds occurring during Hollywood’s Golden Age or more contemporary remakes of Hollywood classics.
Join Hometowns to Hollywood for this examination of various remakes by sharing your articles about a biopic of choice. In the end, when all articles are compiled, we’ll have a lovely list of remakes to pursue.
The “Take Two!” Blogathon will run from October 20th through October 22nd in 2022.
Rules and Information:
- Bloggers are encouraged to write about any remake of choice.
- If we do get an ample amount of participants, I’ll be reconnecting with participants to see if there is interest in contributing to an ebook that will document this blogathon.
- There are many remakes to enjoy (or not enjoy!). Please avoid repeat submissions for a particular remake.
- Please let me know your remake of choice.
- Bloggers will post their articles anytime between October 20th-October 22nd and will alert me of the post either as a comment or through email.
- If you would like to participate in The “Take Two!” Blogathon, please comment below or email me and let me know your name, topic choice, and the link to your blog.
- Please take one of The “Take Two!” Blogathon banners and include it in your post. You can feel free to link the image back to this page.
Day 1 Entries:
- The Farmer’s Daughter (1947) | The Life and Career of Inger Stevens
- A Fistful of Dollars (1964) | The Stop Button
- A Game of Death (1945) | Joe Jordan, Jr.
- The Great Gatsby (1974) | RealWeegieMidget Reviews
- Lovely to Look At (1952) | Hometowns to Hollywood
- The Miracle Man (1932) | The Everyday Cinephile
- The Strawberry Blonde (1941) | A Person in the Dark
- Waterloo Bridge (1940) | Shaping the Facts: Margaret’s Blog
Day 2 Entries:
- La Cage Aux Folles (1978) and The Birdcage (1996) | Tim Neath–Visual Artist
- The Old Dark House (1963) | Dan Tilsley
Day 3 Entries:
- Casino Royale (1967) | Crítica Retrô
- Harvey (1972) | 18 Cinema Lane
- High Society (1956) | Whimsically Classic
- Move Over, Darling (1963) | Box Office Poisons
- The Parent Trap Movies | Taking Up Room
I look forward to a fabulous “Take Two!” Blogathon this Fall!