Introducing The Biopic Blogathon!
Classic Hollywood has had its fair share of biopics–the good, the bad, and the ugly. From chemists to composers, authors to actors, fictitious to factual, and more, there is much to explore in this genre. Moreover, the genre is still going strong today.
Hometowns to Hollywood is excited to present its sixth official blogathon, entitled “The Biopic Blogathon.” This blogathon will focus upon biopics of all kinds, whether they stem from the wide breadth of biopics created during Hollywood’s Golden Age or paying tribute to it from a more modern perspective. These biopic entries need not focus upon individuals involved in the entertainment industry, though there are certainly many biopics to choose from that cover these individuals!
Join Hometowns to Hollywood for this examination of various biopics by sharing your articles about a biopic of choice. In the end, when all articles are compiled, we’ll have a lovely list of biopics to pursue.
The Biopic Blogathon will run from September 30th through October 2nd in 2021. Please check this page often, as it will be updated frequently with article submissions throughout the course of the blogathon.
Rules and Information:
- Bloggers are encouraged to write about any biopic of choice.
- If we do get an ample amount of participants, I’ll be reconnecting with participants to see if there is interest in contributing to an ebook that will document this blogathon.
- There are many biopics to enjoy (or not enjoy!). Please avoid repeat submissions for a particular biopic
- Please let me know your biopic of choice.
- Bloggers will post their articles anytime between September 30th-October 2nd and will alert me of the post either as a comment or through email.
- If you would like to participate in The Biopic Blogathon, please comment below or email me and let me know your name, topic choice, and the link to your blog.
- Please take one of The Biopic Blogathon banners and include it in your post. You can feel free to link the image back to this page.
Day 1 Entries:
- Ava Gardner: Portrayals of Ava | Ava Gardner Museum Official Blog
- The Fabulous Dorseys (1947) | The Film Detective
- The Five Pennies (1959) | Caftan Woman
- Frances (1982) | Realweegiemidget Reviews
- The Great Ziegfeld (1936) | Flying Monkey Productions
- Joni (1979) | Taking Up Room
- The Life and Times of Judge Roy Bean (1972) & The Westerner (1940) | Tim Neath
- Love Me or Leave Me (1955) | A Person in the Dark
- The Story of Vernon and Irene Castle (1939) | Shaping the Facts: Margaret’s Blog
- The White Angel (1936) | Notoriously Nora
Day 2 Entries:
- Ava Gardner: Ava’s Performances in Biopic Films | Ava Gardner Museum Official Blog
- Blossoms in the Dust (1941) | Barbara Doss
- Bonnie and Clyde (1967) | Top 10 Film Lists
- Great Balls of Fire (1989) | Maria S. Nitsolas
- I Dream of Jeanie (1952) | 18 Cinema Lane
Day 3 Entries:
- The Adventures of Mark Twain (1944) | Hometowns to Hollywood
- The Benny Goodman Story (1956) | Journeys in Classic Film
- Gentleman Jim (1942) | Whimsically Classic
- The Glenn Miller Story (1954) | Old Books and Movies
- Hitchcock (2012) | Joe Jordan, Jr.
- The Josephine Baker Story (1991) | Poppity Talks Classic Film
- Prince of Players (1955) | The Classic Movie Muse
- Yankee Doodle Dandy (1942) | A Hearty Handclasp
- The Wings of Eagles (1957) | The Flapper Dame
Enjoy the Biopic Blogathon!