The recipe does not require modification, though I did happen to replace the shortening with butter, since I happened to already have butter available in my kitchen. I added a bit more blueberries than required–as a personal preference–and was very happy with the result.
In the end, the recipe yielded 15 muffins, which were light and enjoyable, in addition to being very easy to remove from the muffin tins. There was also minimal cleanup after making this recipe. Moreover, I’m sure that Ann would be pleased with the final product!
Check out the Hollywood Kitchen YouTube channel for more classic Hollywood cuisine!